Bohemia by bike .. Show cycle tips
after memorials show tips
on horseback … show tips
Klášter 1, 549 54 Police nad Metují
The monastery was founded at the beginning of the 13th century by Benedictine monks. The current Baroque appearance of the building dates to 1770. Part of the monastery complex is the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The monastery was burned and reconstructed several times. During reconstruction work in 1954 the fresco Christ’s Head from approximately 1300 was discovered, as were a small portal, a sanctuary... Full description
|Category||church, monastery, museum, religious monument|
|Certificates and memberships|
|Description||750th anniversary of the foundation of Police nad Metuji, exhibition of peasant furniture in Laudon Hall, representation rooms and chapel of the purposes of an abbot.|
Before visiting the building we recommend checking the current opening hours on the building's website or by contacting the operator by telephone.
Last tour before closing: 45 min.
Sightseeing time: 45 min.
|Minimum / maximum number of people per guide||?/45|
|The nearest train stations|
|Nearest bus stop|
|The nearest airport||