Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaNorth Moravia-SilesiaTřeboň RegionUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN
Skip to page content
flag - Česky flag - Deutsch flag - English flag - Español flag - Français flag - Italiano flag - Nederlands flag - Polski flag - по-русски
Stop Play Music:
Official tourist portal of Pardubice region

Eagle (Orlické) mountains and foothills - Ruins, city fortifications

Map


Search results Export data for GPS device in GPX format

Ruins, city fortifications Ruins, city fortifications.

  • basket Brandýs nad Orlicí - castle ruins
    Brandýs nad Orlicí - castle ruins. The castle was founded prior to the year 1289 by Jindřich of Brandýs and changed owners over the centuries; the last owners were the Žerotíns in the years 1559 to 1636, and afterwards the castle was abandoned. Visible today are remnants of the walls and cellar spaces.
    Telephone: 737869296
    Address: Brandýs nad Orlicí
  • basket Potštejn - castle ruins
    Potštejn - castle ruins. While only ruins remain today, Potštejn at one time was one of the largest and most important castles in the country. The castle changed owners many times after its founding in the 13th century. Important among these from a historical as well as a literary perspective was the Count Harbuval de Chamaré...
    Telephone: 494546812, 494546810, 603416959
    Address: Hrad Potštejn, Potštejn
  • basket Hlavačov - fortified settlement
    Hlavačov - fortified settlement. The settlement has a trapezoidal plan and is fortified on three sides by an imposing 6 metre deep moat and a rampart that is up to 3 metres high. Residential structures are evident in the northeast corner of the settlement, while the foundations of a square tower are visible on the northwest side.
    Address: Choceň
  • basket Kyšperk - castle ruins and viewing point
    Kyšperk - castle ruins and viewing point. The terrain is overgrown with vegetation with only a faint hint of the castle foundations. In September of 2008, during the scope of celebrations in honour of the 700th anniversary of the town Letohrad, a viewing tower was opened, whihc has become a sought after tourist site and provides a beautiful...
    Address: Letohrad
  • basket Lanškroun - city walls
    Lanškroun - city walls. The city walls, which Emperor Charles IV commissioned the construction of in 1351. Five years later Lanškroun is documented as a fortified city. Entry was secured by entrance gates. The building called Piano now stands on the site of the former northeast gate. The fortification was reinforced in the...
    Address: Lanškroun
  • basket Lanšperk - castle ruins and lookout tower
    Lanšperk - castle ruins and lookout tower. The original castle was probably founded by Přemysl Otakar II in the middle of the 13th century during colonization of the area and abandoned at the end of the 16th century. Remains of the cellars and cross walls of the palace have been preserved up to now. In the east it is divided from today´s village...
    Address: Dolní Dobrouč
  • basket Pěčín - castle remains
    Pěčín - castle remains. Remains of a 13th century castle. The castle was destroyed during the times of the Hussite wars around 1420. Until the present remnants of moats and walls overgrown with greenery are still visible.
    Address: Pěčín
  • basket Skuhrov nad Bělou - ruins with wood observation tower
    Skuhrov nad Bělou - ruins with wood observation tower. Skuhrov Castle looms on a rock projection that is inaccessible from three sides; the purpose of the castle was to guard the trade route to Kladsko. From two modest remnants of castle ruins it is possible to estimate that the castle was composed of two continuous sections. The castle was connected to...
    Address: Skuhrov nad Bělou
  • basket Žampach - castle ruins
    Žampach - castle ruins. The original castle was built in the 2nd half of the 13th century; during the Thirty Years War it was plundered a number of times and subsequently fell into disrepair. On the sides of the site today are traces of farmstead buildings, the barrel vaulted cellar of the palace, and remnants of the entrance...
    Address: Žampach
  • basket Chlumek - round fortified settlement
    The fortress was apparently founded at the end of the 13th or beginning of the 14th century, though the first records from 1544 already list the compound as having been abandoned. Overgrown foundations remain from the massive square tower. On the south side a small courtyard enclosed by walls bordered...
    Address:
  • basket Dřel - fortress ruins
    It stood nearby the village of Koldin on the forested hill Chlum already back in 1376, when it and the adjacent village in the foothill were owned by Jaroslav of Koldin. In the 15th century, it was abandoned. The fortress was rebuilt on the hill in 1603 with a farmstead nearby called Závrš, which stand...
    Address: Koldín
  • basket Hlodný - castle ruin
    Hlodný - castle ruin. The Gothic castle was probably built by the lords of Žampach. In the past, it mainly served a defensive role against the raids of marauding gangs. The castle was never completely finished, the only direct mention of its existence comes only from 1576, when it was mentioned in the division of the Solnice...
    Address:
  • basket Crown of the Virgin Mary Monastery - ruins
    Crown of the Virgin Mary Monastery - ruins. Only remains of the Gothic single nave church have been preserved from the Augustinian monastery founded in the 13th century (it was abandoned in 1550).
    Address:
  • basket Klečkov - castle remains
    Klečkov - castle remains. Remains of a medieval castle on a promontory of the Bělá River, likely founded by the Půtov family of Častolovice at the turn of the 15th century. During the Hussite Wars the castle was a base of support for the Catholic forces. By the end of the 15th century the castle was already abandoned and from...
    Address: Skuhrov nad Bělou
  • basket Orlík - castle ruins
    The castle was built at the turn of the 14th century. The foundations of buildings along the perimeter and the widely excavated moat are visible.
    Address: Brandýs nad Orlicí
  • basket Vranov - fortified settlement
    The remains of a small medieval castle that was destroyed by the army of Margrave Charles (later to become King Charles IV) during a military campaign to Potštejn in 1338. The lone remain is a shallow falciform moat dividing the rock from the surrounding plains There was likely only one tower construction...
    Address: Choceň
  • basket Zítkov - ruins
    A distinct oval mound above the left bank of the Tichá Orlice River; the fore-castle area and the castle itself are divided by a moat. An additional moat divided the fortified settlement from the far end of the promontory. Only depressions and rolling terrain remain of the former buildings and walls...
    Address: Choceň
  • basket (Zřícenina hradu Velešov)
    (Zřícenina hradu Velešov). Ruins of a Gothic castle built around 1340 and destroyed in the 14th century. Remnants of the walls and trench remain preserved.
    Address: Potštejn
  • searched records: 18
Commentaries
add comment     

Do noy click on this link or else you will be banned!